Cinema Presence Management & Remote Control System
Improving operational accountability and efficiency
With wireless NFC technology and a simple user interface on an Android tablet, CineQC compiles operational quality checklist information and reports any trouble tickets in real-time. CineQC will track operations personnel monitoring actions and theatre checks to comply with Presentation Quality Control, Security and Alcohol License requirements. With CineQC, cinema operations staff can change auditorium conditions, such as lights, volume, masking, air conditioning temperatures, projection and audio settings, on a real-time basis. Not only does this reduce problem-resolving time, but also ensures the guest a better movie watching experience.
• Quality Control Checklist: It is possible to define a checklist for every location (auditoriums, lobby, hallways, bathrooms, etc). Typically from 10 to 15 checklist questions are proposed to the user, and the answers are stored in the system database for future analysis.
• Presence records: By requiring authentication at the NFC tag, each location where a plate is placed can “call” a different checklist. User, date and time are being recorded in the system database; this helps keep track of the personnel actions. With this feature, staff can be monitored in order to avoid omissions of daily tasks. Manager can even track what change is made and at what time
• Auditorium Equipment Control: Theatre staff can perform basic controls in the auditorium such as Lights, Projection, Audio and HVAC to tailor the conditions to the presentation.
• Service Tickets with Photo Capture: Service and security needs can be quickly documented and addressed by entering a ticket into the system. Photos of a leaky faucet, graffi ti or a broken chair along with a description can be forwarded to maintenance personnel or your NOC. Tickets are stored in the system database as well and only the manager can change the status to “resolved” when it happens. The record of the issue will remain in the system database for two years.
• Show Schedule: The show schedule can be imported from the TMS (Theater Management System), or POS (Point of Sales system). This is helpful to the manager when supervising staff work and presence in the auditoriums.
• Emergency Management: In case of emergency and with a secret keystroke, user can stop all shows or restart them, for example after a power failure.
Wireless based technology: Wireless Access Points are installed to form a roamable mesh with a hidden, secure SSID (Service Set Identifier) to cover the entire complex.
• Security Strength: Managed security protocols keep network traffic to a minimum with security of your Digital Cinema/TMS/POS network in mind.
• Use Of Android Tablets: Low cost Android tablets with NFC (Near Field Communication) reader, wifi , and rear camera are used by the staff personnel and manager. These devices are configured to access only the CineQC System, completely locked out from web browsing or running other apps.
• NFC Tags: Using NFC (near field communication) technology, identifier plates are placed inside the auditorium. When the tablet is close to the NFC tag, the system knows the location, person using the system, and the equipment that can be accessed.
• System Database: Auditorium Checklist and Service Ticket information stays in the system database for later analysis, aiding personnel supervision.
• Reports: There are three types of reports that can be obtained from the system. Online tablet reports: these are useful to the manager in order to supervise the day-to-day complex status. IT reports: IT personnel can develop MSExcel spreadsheets that read data from the system and generate any kind if reports needed. Corporate reports: these can be pushed to cinema personnel as part of an extra plug-in of the system.
• System access : Tiered Access controls who can access the system and what control they have. Floor Staff, Management, Security, etc.
• Equipment control: CineQC can access most major brands of Servers, Projectors, Automations and Audio Processors. Development time is quick with additional modules as your system requires.
CineQC Advantages and Savings
• Detailed record of every auditorium check and easy collection of quality control statistics.
• Immediate response to solve minor auditorium problems (volume, lights, masking, audio and video channels as well as air condition temperature).
• With CineQC tasks can be redistributed, lowering operational costs and increasing productivity in different areas while improving supervision.
• If no guests are in the auditorium, staff could turn off the projector lamp generating substantial savings on energy and lamp life.